Scope: The Refugee Scholar Program Coordinator will support the continued development of ASC’s Refugee Scholar Program. The goals of the Refugee Scholar Program are to: (1) help refugee youth overcome economic, social, financial and psychological barriers to access higher education and reach long-term economic self-sufficiency; and (2) To strengthen organizational capacity to serve students and their families by building an organizational culture that values and supports education. In line with these goals, the program’s primary objectives are for at least 25 refugee students to enroll in and attend college annually (75 students over the 3-year program).
- Program Coordinator leads activities to educate refugee communities about higher education. Program Coordinator will work on the cultural orientation workshops, parents and families workshops on accessing higher education and creating informational packages (at least 6 workshops and 80 participants).
- Conduct outreach and recruitment of program participants; screen and assess interested refugees for program eligibility and participation.
- Organize volunteering opportunities for students and their families (45 per year) and assisting with employment for students before and during the studies.
- Organizes schedules and maintains logistics of workshops and other activities.
- Build the program social media presence in all relevant platforms and use them to frequently post relevant information and attract followers and viewers.
- Create and manage a closed Facebook group for the participants of the program. Will manage the group, post relevant and timely information and encourage participation.
- Ensure that the activities are visually presented either by taking photos or securing photos from scholars and staff.
- Works closely with Educational Consultant and Case Worker and supports their efforts in programmatic activities such as peer groups meetings and activities.
- In managing activities, this position supports Operations Manager and Executive Director to evaluate programs progress and success.
- Accurately and thoroughly documents all activities: outreach, attendance, individual meetings and ensures culturally appropriate services. She/he also documents all activities number of positing, followers, visits etc. as available in each SM outlets and provides data for monthly, quarterly and semi-annually reports;
- Proactively facilitate referrals to outside service providers as necessary to meet the diverse needs of the program participants
- Ensure that information required for program eligibility and reporting purposes is collected and that accurate records are maintained, including case files and client data entry. Ensure necessary steps are taken to obtain relevant data in a timely fashion; follow-up with all clients regularly and record all contacts with case notes
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings with other ASC staff and volunteers as part of the review, evaluation and program maintenance process.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of workshops and special events Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree; at least 2 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Experience in working with refugee/immigrant populations, excellent communication skills, knowledge of higher education, and dedication to helping refugees.
- Excellent communication skills and excellent English writing skills, high proficiency in social media communication, understanding how to attract clients and raise viability. Proficiency in creating quality and interesting photographs for Social Media.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to make presentations.
- Regular travel to off-site locations is required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, be a self-starter and maintain responsibility for multiple tasks.
- Ability to speak relevant language(s) is preferred.
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Willingness to engage in outreach efforts to promote the Refugee Scholar program.
- Ability to work as part of the multi-cultural team.
- Proficiency in a common refugee language preferred.
- Competence with computers.
- Strong work ethic, professional attitude, and dedication to the program.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
To apply, please send you resume, cover letter, and contact information of two references to email@example.com.