NCASC is seeking a Business Advisor intern. The Business Advisor intern performs a variety of financial/business management advisement, technical assistance, and related educational services to new and existing small businesses clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides direct technical assistance to small business clients in the research and development of business plans, marketing plans, loan proposals and related business development requirements.
- Evaluates business proposals together with client financial and business status to assess viability and bankability of proposals; advises clients as appropriate.
- Advises clients in micro and small business management practices, methods, and techniques.
- Provides advice and assistance in the establishment and maintenance of business and financial records and recordkeeping systems, in compliance with all relevant business, accounting, and taxation laws, regulations, guidelines, and standards.
- Participates in the development, promotion, coordination, and delivery of small business management training programs and workshops.
- Coordinates and/or participates in efforts to build relationships with area businesses to establish and develop contract training opportunities.
- Administers and monitors specific educational programs, as assigned, to include budget planning and expenditure management.
- Participates, as assigned, as a member of community groups and organizations to promote local business and economic development within the service area.
- Monitors operational activities and effectiveness of results, and prepares reports as appropriate.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be able during the week, anytime M-F, 9a-5p.
- Must be able to work independently as well as with others
- Must have ability to communicate effectively with the use of interpreters and with clients with limited English skills
- Non-profit, special populations, and Buisness experience is preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to develop basic business plans, marketing plans, financial strategies, and business loan proposals.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Knowledge of the characteristics and prerequisites of a successful business loan proposal.
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles and practices of small business operations.
- Knowledge of basic business accounting.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial and tax regulations pertaining to small businesses.
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops.
To apply, please send your resume to Latosha Walker at email@example.com