AmeriCorps Volunteer Coordinator
Position Title: Volunteer Coordinator, Part Time
This is a position that requires some self-directness, the ability to use best judgment, and reporting. The individual chosen for this position must be very organized, display good time management skills, and be able to work well in groups and alone.
- Develop and implement a recruitment strategy to recruit new volunteers from churches, community agencies and schools
- Volunteer recruitment and community outreach i.e. reaching out to local colleges and universities, contacting local organizations, and participating in and/ or planning volunteer recruitment fairs.
- Update all volunteer materials (i.e. recruitment flyers, applications, manuals, and orientation documents) as necessary.
- Develop volunteer job descriptions in consultation with staff.
- Communicate with ASC staff when assigning volunteers.
- Offer training support to new volunteers, as needed.
- Conduct orientations for all new volunteers.
- Set clear expectation with volunteers of their assigned roles and functions within the program.
- Maintain communication with volunteers on an ongoing basis to ensure that the needs of volunteers have been met as well as the needs of ASC.
- Solicit feedback from volunteers about their training and volunteers experience in order to better improve communication and volunteer run program.
- Demonstrate appreciation to volunteers on an ongoing basis.
- Manage and update NCASC’s electronic volunteer database.
- Maintain NCASC’s Social Media Pages for Volunteer Awareness and outreach.
- Soliciting donation of goods (clothes, food, school supplies, etc. to be utilized by clients)
- Soliciting monetary donations (100% of proceeds must go to client related programming)
- Searching and writing non-federal grants to support program’s service activities. (100 % of funds must benefit client related programming.)
- Planning and organizing fundraising events (car wash, benefit concerts, books, etc.).
To apply for this position email your resume to Latosha Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org and fill the application at the following link: https://cnnc.uncg.edu/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/ASC-Volunteer-Coordinator-PT.pdf